Attention Educators — ABCD Cards Enhance the Use of Multiple Choice Tests for Student Learning!
ABCD Cards are a GREAT teaching tool for any educator from Early Childhood to University!
- To correct the test, have students keep all cards in their hands.
- Ask students to place question one’s answer at the top of the 4 cards.
- Tell students to hold up the response card when you say “respond.”
- You instantly get to see the student’s understanding of the question.
- When all in the class get the question correct, you can praise them.
- When there is a disparity of responses, you can spend time clarifying.
- When a response is wrong, an X is placed on the question.
- Getting feedback immediately after taking a test, which they get with using the ABCD Cards, is a most powerful educational moment!
Place the set of cards in the envelope and distribute to students for use during class.
After using them, students place the cards in the envelope and return them for future classes.